Friday, December 02, 2011

A Simple Before and After!

My mom found this bench at a yardsale back in October, and figured I would appreciate it. (My mom is made of awesome.) I had just spent a week looking after the cat when she went on vacation and she wanted to get me something nice. Intending to surprise me with the bench, she accidentally broke off a handle when she was trying to clean it. This was good, because it gave me an excuse to immediately go buy the awesome $1.50 knobs I had just seen at Michaels the week before. (Another thing you must know about me: total Michaels junkie).

Before:
Broken pull on the right makes this a sad yardsale bench.

After:
Happy bench!

Close-ups of ceramic knobs:
These knobs are just awesome.

Things we learned today:
  • Breaking parts off of furniture is not always a bad thing.
  • You can find fun furniture at yardsales.
  • My mom is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis